Since the Land Law of 2008 was implemented and with the Regulation of Appraisals of 2011, pressure is ever increasing for the owner and there is little room for the appraisal of the expropriated properties and rights. At Serrano Alberca & Conde, we cover every stage of the procedure, leading our clients by the hand through it, with the goal of defending their rights and interests as much as possible and obtaining the best fair price.
We have successfully defended the interests of a large number of land owners affected by the most important compulsory purchases of the last 30 years in the Community of Madrid, such as the Airport of Madrid Barajas (1st, 2nd and 3rd stage), the M-50, the R-2, the Airport Axis or the First and Second Drinking Water Ring of the Canal de Isabel II, among others. We have also taken part in major projects developed in Cantabria (Highway S-30); Catalonia (Barcelona Airport and C-15); Seville (Airport reserves); and other Autonomous Communities such as Castilla La Mancha or the Balearic Islands, among others.
As a proof of our expertise, since 1992, we have provided legal counsel to owners of over 15.5 million square meters of land in compulsory purchase proceedings, achieving fair values even 27, 35 or 70 times higher than those set by Public Administrations.
In particular, we help the land owners in the following:
- Accompanying and counselling the client at the Acta Previa a la Ocupación/Acta de Ocupación of the expropriated property or right.
- Preparation of the Appraisal of the the expropriated property or right.
- Supervision and seal of approval of the technical report that has to be attached to the Appraisal of the expropriated land or right.
- Rejection of the Appraisal made by the Public Administration or by the Beneficiary of the Expropriation.
- Appeal against the decision made by the Expropriation Jury, when applicable.
- Lead the procedure in court from the first instance to the final judgement.
- Lead the procedure for the carrying out of the sentence.
Additionally, given our deep knowledge in the area, we also advise Public Administrations and Beneficiaries of compulsory purchase proceedings in all their stages.