At Serrano Alberca & Conde, we cover every stage of the compulsory purchase procedure, leading our clients by the hand through it, with the goal of giving our utmost to defend their rights and interests and to obtain the highest fair price for them.
Since 1992, the firm has defended very successfully the interests of numerous land owners affected by the most important compulsory purchases of the last 30 years in the Community of Madrid, such as the Airport of Madrid Barajas (1st, 2nd and 3rd stage), the M-50, the R-2, the Airport Axis or the First and Second Drinking Water Ring of the Canal de Isabel II, among others. We have also taken part in major projects developed in Cantabria (Highway S-30); Catalonia (Barcelona Airport and C-15); Seville (Airport reserves); and other Autonomous Communities such as Castilla La Mancha or the Balearic Islands, among others.
These projects, in which Serrano Alberca & conde has advised owners of 14.5 million square meters of land, we have achieved at Court fair prices even 27, 35 or 70 times higher than those initially set by Public Administrations.
To know the details of the fair price set by Public Administration in comparison with the one obtained by Serrano Alberca & Conde in each one of these compulsory purchase proceedings, click here.
Since the Land Law of 2008, combined with other regulations by virtue of the Land Law and Urban Refurbishment of 2015, and also since Valuation Rules in force since 2011, the Public Administration has left little room to the owner for the appraisal of the expropriated properties and rights, compared to the situation under the Land Law of 1998.
Nevertheless, at Serrano Alberca & Conde, thanks to a consistent effort and an artisanal work in each case, we have advised and we are currently counselling clients owning more than 1.1 million square meters of land and we are obtaining fair prices even 26 times higher than those set by the expropriating Administration in the administrative stage of the proceeding (without having to go to Court).
To know more about these fair prices obtained more recently, click here.
In view of the above, we help the land owners in the following:
- Accompanying and counselling the client at the Acta Previa a la Ocupación/Acta de Ocupación of the expropriated property or right.
- Preparation of the Appraisal of the the expropriated property or right.
- Supervision and seal of approval of the technical report that has to be attached to the Appraisal of the expropriated land or right.
- Rejection of the Appraisal made by the Public Administration or by the Beneficiary of the Expropriation.
- Appeal against the decision made by the Expropriation Jury, when applicable.
- Lead the procedure in court from the first instance to the final judgement.
- Lead the procedure for the carrying out of the sentence.
In all of that, we put on our biggest efforts and knowledge pursuing the economical indemnity of our clients to the extent possible.
Additionally, given our deep knowledge in the area, we also advise Public Administrations and Beneficiaries of compulsory purchase proceedings in all their stages.