Both the Autonomous Communities and many town councils are currently passing regulations by virtue of which they are limiting and even forbidding the short-term rental – also known as holiday rental or touristic homes- of hundreds of thousands of apartments in Spain.
At Serrano Alberca & Conde, our team led by María Jesús Serrano Conde very well-known expert in the sector, has a deep and sound knowledge on the matter. For this reason, many clients have already entrusted us. We counsel our clients on the following aspects:
- Counselling on the appeals against state, autonomous and municipal regulations approved regarding short-term/holiday rental and/or planning. Both in administrative and judicial stage.
- Defence in any audit and sanction proceedings initiated by Public Administration. Equally in administrative and judicial stage.
- Election of the more suitable type of rental for the merchandising of the apartment and drafting of the relevant contract.
- Granting of the necessary licenses.
- Counselling and representation before the homeowner’s associations who are against short-term/holiday rentals.
- Defence against the reports and complaints of the neighbours of the building where the short-term rental apartment is located.
- Counselling on the taxation of the profits derived from holiday rental.
- Drafting of a protocol defining the information that has to be provided in order to fill template 179 issued by Spanish Tax Agency for the quarterly declaration of the cession of houses for touristic goals. This regulation will be passed soon.
- Filling and submission of template 179 which is about to be approved.
- Any administrative, planning, tax and civil issues arising from holiday rental.
Do not hesitate to contact us, we will be delighted to help you.